About How to Report Spam Text Messages in India and Register Complaint?
If you are facing any problem regarding getting unnecessary or unwanted calls to your mobile then don’t worry. We are here to provide you with a solution. Firstly you need to register your contact number in the TRAI official portal. TRAI stands for “Telecom Regulatory Authority of India” is a DND Complaint portal (Do Not Disturb). 07 days after registration of your contact number in the National Customer Preference Register (NCPR) if you receive any unrequested commercial communications then you can register a complaint. Know How to Register a Complaint or How to Report Spam Text Messages in India and Register Complaint, How to File a complaint against unwanted phone calls and How to lodge a complaint against a mobile number here.
How to Register a Complaint?
The following are the ways of How to file a complaint against unwanted phone calls:
- By dialing the Toll-Free Number 1909
- By sending an SMS to the number 1909
The above how to file a complaint against unwanted phone calls can explain briefly in the following:
File a complaint against unwanted phone calls by dialing the Toll-Free Number 1909
You can now lodge a complaint through TRAI Complaint Cell by following the simple steps giving below:
- Firstly dial 1909 with your registered mobile number
- Then carefully listen to the instructions
- After listening choose one in order to register your complaint
- The following one is you have to choose:
- Through Customer Care Executive
- Through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)
Lodge a complaint against a mobile number by sending an SMS to the number 1909
You can register in TRAI Complaints Portal by sending an SMS to the number 1909 by following the simple steps given below:
- Firstly you need to know the format of “How to Complaint to TRAI”
- The format is as the following:
- “The Unsolicited Commercial Communication, xxxxxxxxxx, dd/mm/yy”
- The xxxxxxxxxx is your contact number or the SMS header
- The above is written with or without a comma or space
- Your complaint will register by the service provider and will send a unique complaint number through SMS
- Within 07 working days, you will get to know the action taken by them and they will inform you.
Important Details of How to Complaint to TRAI?
- TRAI Website: https://www.trai.gov.in
- TRAI Apps: https://www.trai.gov.in/portals-apps/trai-apps
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Head Office: Mahanagar Doorsanchar Bhawan (next to Zakir Hussain College), Jawaharlal Nehru Marg (Old Minto Road), New Delhi: 110 002
- TRAIN Helpline Number: 91-11-2323 6308 (Reception)
- TRAIN Support Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Contact Details: https://www.trai.gov.in/contactus