Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) – ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ವಿದ್ಯುತ್ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಆಯೋಗ (ಕೆಇಆರ್ಸಿ)
Electricity is the most significant input in the process of development in the States of India or country depends mostly on the availability of cost-effective and reliable power supply.
So, it is vital for every state in India to restructure its power sector to provide electricity to all its citizens. In the year 1999, the State Government of Karnataka established the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission according to the provisions of the Karnataka Electricity Reforms Act of 1999.
Get more about the KERC (Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission) from here.
- They monitor all the crucial aspects of the state’s electricity sector in a professional, and transparent and also in an objective manner
- make sure that the citizens of the state get power supply at a reasonable rate from a reliable source
- And look after the social as well as economic development of the state of Karnataka
- They safeguard the interests of the people of the state
Constitution of KERC – ಕೆಇಆರ್ಸಿ ಸಂವಿಧಾನ
KERC is an autonomous body in the state of Karnataka. It has three members and one of them function as the Commission’s Chief Executive and the Chairman.
The headquarters of the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission are available in the city of Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka. However, the Commission conducts its consultations, hearings and proceedings in several other parts of the state as well.
Primary functions of the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission – ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಛಕ್ತಿ ನಿಯಂತ್ರಣ ಆಯೋಗದ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳು
According to the Electricity Act of 2003, KERC has several functions:
- Determining the traffic for supply, and generation, and also transmission of power within Karnataka
- They facilitate intra-state wheeling. Transmission of electricity also comes under them.
- They issue licenses to people who act as distribution licensees, and electricity traders and also transmission licensees in the state
- regulate the purchase of electricity and also the distribution process of licensees
- They promote the generation and also cogeneration of electricity from several renewable energy sources
The Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission Online Portal
KERC has its own official website and also all the information about it is available. Now, you can also pay your electricity bill in Karnataka online.
Visit the KERC website to know in detail about its powers, and also functions, and activities and also the latest schemes.
KERC Website: Click Here
Contact Number: 080 – 22268675 / 677
Fax Number: 080 – 22268667 / 22370214
No: 16, C-1,
Millers Tank Bed Area,