Puducherry State Bar Council
Though the Advocates Act of 1951 clearly states that the Bar Council of India for each state in India shall have its own, but Puducherry does not have a separate Bar Council. It shares with Tamil Nadu state with the name Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry. Read the complete article if you want to know crucial facts about the State Bar Council of Puducherry. It also knows as Bar Council of Pondicherry, you can also get info on Puducherry State Bar Council Exam and Results from here.
Instructions to voters/advocates of Puducherry for the upcoming election of the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
1. The Voters or Advocates can check and verify the final list of the Electoral Roll through the official website of the State Bar Council of Puducherry. The official website is
2. Only those voters/Advocates who find their names in the Electoral Roll are the ones who can cast votes in the upcoming 2018 election of the State Bar Council of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
3. The system of voting is a single and transferable vote according to Rule 4 of 1975 Election Rules of the Tamil Nadu and PondicherryBar Council.
4. It is mandatory for the Voter/Advocate to present himself at the respective polling booth for being able to cast a vote. Before casting a vote, the Advocate must show his/her identity card. That the Bar Council of Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu issues to prove his originality. After the process of verification is complete, they’ll apply the indelible ink on the Voter’s index finger. Then give him/her the ballot paper.
5. If someone does not have or forgets to carry the Identity Card. He needs to show the original version of the enrolment certificate to confirm his identity. If he cannot prove his identity, they will consider all types of identification inappropriate.
6. The Voters/Advocates cannot carry their mobile phone, bag or any electronic device along with them inside the booth. If anyone carries any of the things available above, he’ll not get the ballot paper.
7. Lastly, the Advocates have to maintain the decorum and dignity for keeping a peaceful atmosphere outside and inside the polling booth. They need to take care of the fact that they do not take part in any such action that does not suit their profession. The Bar Council of Puducherry results of the election is usually available within a short span of time.
Visit website Bar Council of Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu to go through the Bar Council of Puducherry Advocates List.
Contact Details of Puducherry Bar Council
TN Bar Council Whatsapp Number: 9840462726
Phone Numbers: 044 2534 2739, 044 2535 2595
Bar Council of Tamil Nadu & Puducherry,
High Court Campus,