ICHR – Indian Council of Historical Research
ICHR Stands for Indian Council of Historical Research, an autonomous body of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It was established under the Ministry of Education. The source of funds are released to the researches and also to the Foreign scholars is issued by the applications towards the fellowships, grants from MHRD and also from the Department of Higher Education(DHE).
Objectives of ICHR
Similarly, The objectives of ICHR are clearly mentioned by the Departement of Higher Education.
In Bringing of historians together and provide a forum for the exchange of views between them.
Firstly, promote, accelerate and also coordinate research in history.
Secondly, promote and coordinate a balanced distribution of research effort over different areas.
lastly, support and recognition for historical research from all concerned and also make ensure the necessary dissemination and use of results
Members of ICHR
The members of the ICHR are appointed by the MHRD
- Chairman of the Council – An eminent historian nominated by the Government of India.
- 18 historians nominated by the Government of India.
- The representative of the University Grants Commission.
- Director General of the Archaeological Survey of India.
- Director General of the National Archives of India.
- Ministry of Education.
- Department of Culture(Ministry of Culture).
- Ministry of Finance.
- Member Secretary from the Government of India.
Library and Documentation Centre
Books and also Journals are the Resources for the Documentation in ICHR
List of Current Journals are:
- online Journals
- Thesis and also Dissertations
- Microfilm and Microfiches
MoU’s with Foreign Institutions
ICHR also conducts Memorandum of Understanding(MoU’s) with the Foreign Institutions
- Indo-Japan – MoU has been signed in August 22, 2014 between the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science(JSPS) and the Indian Council of Historical Research.
- Indo-UK – signed on October 14, 2014, between the Arts and Humanities Research council(AHRC) and ICHR.
- Indo-Taiwan – MoU has been signed between Academia Sinica and ICHR.
Recruitment in ICHR
ICHR recruits the members by the notifications issued in the Online and also conducts exams for the applied member.
Notifications regarding the ICHR events as well as programs and also the Exams dates will be clearly mentioned on the website. Even the students can easily download the admit cards for exams.
The following are Fellowships and Grants of ICHR
Fellowships in the ICHR have no deadline, anyone can apply throughout the year. Some of the Fellowships and even the Grants issued by ICHR are:
Firstly, JRF – Junior Research Fellowship
General (Post-Doctoral) Fellowship
Contingency (Study-cum-Travel) Grant
Senior Research Fellowship
Foreign Travel Grant
Grant for holding Seminar and Conferences.
Lastly, Senior Academic Fellowship
Tenders of ICHR
ICHR gives an invitation for the Tenders on various aspects every year and also Anyone can apply for the Tender through the official website of ICHR.
Address: Ferozeshah Road 35,
pin code: New Delhi-110001
phone: +91 11 23382321, +91 11 23386973,
Fax: +91 11 23383421