Passport Address Change
Way to Changing the Address on your Passport
A passport is a significant record that all citizens should rather have. It works as identification evidence and is accepted broadly for many usages. However, You can’t travel to other countries without a valid passport. however an ordinary passport alone doesn’t guarantee entrance in your destination country. Passport is a government-issued record that has your nationality. A typical passport has the holder’s title, date and place of birth, photo, signature, and identifying info.
Why do you change the Address in your passport?
If you change your house or are moving somewhere else, you need to update the info in your passport. To change your address, you need to apply for a re-issue of your passport. To geta new passport with a new number and booklet.
Procedure for Passport Re-issue:
Because the necessity to modify your address is considered to be “change in personal details”, you can apply for passport renewal or reissue.
By This time, your passport will be re-issued with the new address. It is possible to see Passport Seva Kendra workplace and create an application right there. You Have to pay the charges in cash in their office.
You can also complete your program and book an appointment online. You might even pay the fees online.
Procedure for changing the Address in the Passport:
First you have to fill re-issue passport type online. Or you choose one more option. which is offline change of address passport application form. Therefor to get PDF application form of address change. You need to click on the following link.
The procedure for changing your address on your passport is detailed below.
- Log on the Passport Seva Site.
- If you’re already registered, use “Current User”.
If you’re a first-time register, click “New User, Register Today”.
- Select the nearest passport office
- Submit your personal details which have your title and birth date.
- Produce a login ID and password and enroll.
As soon as you click this link, click and click on “Apply for New Passport/Re-issue of Passport”.
Ways to find the application form for changing the address
- Submit your information.
- Update the current address as required.
- You’ll have to supply two references, their entire name telephone number and address.
If you’re using the downloaded PDF form, as soon as you’ve entered your town confirm and then save the form.
- You have to upload this same record to the page in which you downloaded it from.
- Affirm all of the information you’ve provided and choose “Publish”.
When you’ve submitted your form, click “view saved/submitted”. You may then “Pay and schedule appointment”. In order to make an appointment. It’s important to finish the payment online. In case you apply for a Tatkal passport, you need to pay the standard fee. If the application is accepted for Tatkal passport, later you are able to pay the balance in the Passport Seva Kendra site. Please notice that once paid the payment is a non refundable. Here, you have multiple payments created exactly the ARN, then PSK will handle the asserts. Here is the list of alternatives to do payment available are provided.
Change of address fee structure for Indian Passport
|Validity of passport||Age of the applicant||Normal passport charge||Tatkal charges|
|All||Less than 15 years||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 3,000/-|
|5 years/till age of applicant is 18 years||15 to 18 years||Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 3,000|
|10 years (for 36 pages)||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 3,500/-|
|10 years (for 60 pages)||Rs. 2,000/-||Rs. 4,000/-|
|10 years and 36 pages||18 years and above 18 years||Rs. 1,500/-||Rs. 3,500/-|
|10 years for 60 pages||Rs. 2,000/-||Rs. 4,000/-|
Ways of payment:
- Credit Cards payments (which could be either Master Card or VISA) at 1,5% charge + tax.
- Debit Card payments (which could be either Master Card or VISA) at 1,5% charge + tax.
- Internet Banking payments (which could be either SBI or Associate Banks) at with out charge.
- State Bank if India Challan payments (At the nearest state Bank branch should deposit the requires amount after 3 hrs of generating SBI Challan and with in 85 days) at without charge.
Making an Appointment:
- Following the payment, you are able to “Schedule Appointment”.
- If your payment is yet to be processed, then click on “Track Payment”-
When you’ve paid using a Challan, you need for two working days from when you deposit the cash. The status will be upgraded under “Track Payment Status”. After the payment is processed, it is possible to schedule your own appointment.
- Choose the passport office you would like and the slot suitable to you.
- Verify your appointment.
The documents you need to change the address:
To change your address you will Have to Supply the following files:
- Original older Passport.
- Copy of your application printout.
- Duplicate of SBI challan or payment receipt.
- Self attested xerox copy of your ECR/Non-ECR page.
- Self attested xerox copy of the page of observation, if any, created by Issuing Authority of Passport.
- Self attested xerox copy of this validity expansion pages.
Address Proof (Any one of)
- Election Commission photo/Voter ID card.
- Aadhar Card.
- Electricity bill.
- Water Bill.
- Proof of Gas Connection.
- Telephone (Mobile, Landline).
- Registered Rent Agreement.
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and final page containing family information), (applicant’s current address must match the address cited in the partner’s passport).
- Certification from company of reputed firms on letter head.
- Duplicate of Parent’s passport. In the event of minors (First and last page).
Documents Necessary for Minors
For young applicants, along with the files listed above, a statement confirming the details supplied in the program about the little one according to Annexure “H” can be demanded.
Documents needed for Government/Statutory Body/PSU
For Statutory/PSU/Government employees, with the list of above documents, need a NOC (as of Annexure M) or form of Prior Intimation letter (as of Annexure N).
Documents needed for Retired Govt Employees
For Retired Government Officials, as well as the files listed above, you must submit your Pension Payment Order.
You need to go to your chosen passport office in your appointment. You’re able to in time or 15 minutes before. There’s no need to go beforehand as the slots are usually on time. A set number will be allocated to you. If your number is called, you are able to proceed into the confirmation procedure. The passport re-issue procedure generally requires a couple of hours. After all of the formalities are complete, you are able to depart. If authority’s verification is needed, you’ll be advised via SMS support. If all went well, your passport will be sent to your new address.