Student Passport in India
A major amount of Indian students anticipating get the education abroad continue to discover a surge, attributable to the tricking chances in foreign. With an immense quantities of degrees and classes offered in schools and colleges abroad, the greater part of the Indian students are searching for preparing in abroad schools and colleges to procure knowledge and range of skills to enable them to land their very own position decision. Likewise, the students are hoping to profit by class education and abilities which is realistic abroad. Living in a foreign nation and taking in their dialect and culture could be a plus for Indian students. Europe, America and Australia are key regions where most Indian students wish to move to for a probability to learn and incorporate into world class foundation.
Close by orchestrating and the smart course of searching for section to universities, it’s fundamental to likewise sort out the movement features on the sidelines. It’s overwhelmingly incorporates and begins by getting an identification and applying for a visa. As a seeking student expecting to contemplate abroad, it bodes well to get the passport when possible since the way toward securing one can be awkward and tedious when urgency rises.
How to apply for a student passport in India?
The process of applying for a student passport is easy and straightforward. You will get the know how of the process in this article. Make sure to follow rules and guidelines to get the passport.
- Make sure to collect and attach all the supporting documents (you may need to provide original documents)
- Schedule an appointment by paying your fee on passportindia.gov.in
- Visit the Passport Seva Kendra before you appointment
- Provide all the documents to the documents controller. At this moment, you may need to provide self attested documents as well.
- After the process completion, collect the receipt which will help you to track the status online
The whole will take somewhere around 25-30 days.
Student passport application form
The applicant will fill the online form on the official passport website and can print the payment receipt.
Required documents for student passport
Lists of the required documents are mentioned below. Make sure you have all the documents ready prior to applying.
- Adhaar card
- Copy of your current passport (only the first and last page)
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Voter ID or Election card
- If you are a working professional, then you must submit a work experience certificate (The work experience letter should be issued by your head employer)
- Registered rental agreement
- Active bank passbook photo
- It can be of scheduled public and private Indian sector banks or even RRBs
Things to remember and follow
- Minor’s are allowed to use parents address proof
- Adhaar card works as address proof. it is also an identity proof
- Authorities will verify all the details
- Eventually you will mention your current address in the application form
Date of Birth proof
You will only present the documents which are listed below to serve the purpose of date of birth proof.
- Student ID card
- Birth certificate provided or issued by municipal authority in local region.
- Leaving certificate from Secondary school.
- Additionally, certificates of recognized or identified boards and education organizations are valid.
- Bonafide certificate issued by college
Note: You will only have two appointments in one year when applying for a student passport. Make sure you have all the necessary documents.
Student Passport Fee:
The standard fee for the student passport is only Rs. 1500. You will have to make the payment online when scheduling an appointment. You make the payment through your Credit/Debit card, SBI challan or Internet banking.
Renewal process of Student passport
Passport issued in India is generally valid for ten years from the date of issue. An individual can not renew the passport one year before the expiry of the present passport. Every time a new passport is issued, the old passport will be cancelled and returned to the passport holder.